Sunday, December 28, 2008

Are you Smarter than a 5th Grader?

I record "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader" every week. Then watch it later. We're watching the show tonight and as usual, I am ruling the house on Geography Questions.

A simple 1ST GRADE True or False Geography question is displayed.

"True or False. New Mexico Borders the Gulf of Mexico."

I said False, my Niece Sarah "False, it borders the Pacific Ocean!"

I said, "no it doesn't, it borders NO WATER at all!" She said "YES IT DOES!" I said "NO IT DOESN'T!!!"

She said "U-C-A-N" Which is how Utah, Colorado, Arizona and New Mexico look on a map." I said, "Right, but it DOES NOT border WATER!" She said "YES IT DOES!!"

So, she comes over to the Computer, googles a map of the USA and points to the blank area below New Mexico and says, "See! Pacific Ocean!!!"

I said, "Why don't you open the larger map!"

She does and discovers she's been pointing to MEXICO!

All she could say was "SHUT UP!!"

She couldn't be content with her Sister claiming the STUPID award for the evening, she had to out do her!

Yep, Life goes on here on Courthouse Road!

No comments:

Post a Comment