Sunday, August 26, 2012

I'm going to Jersey Mike's you want anything?

I'm taking a Nap after taking Vicodin for my latest Kidney Stone Surgery.  I hear two distinct knocks on my bedroom door.  No words, just the knocks.  It's about 5pm.  I just ignore it and roll back over.

CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP goes my cellphone.  It's in the Living Room.  So I get out of Bed and go into the Living Room to look at the phone. 

It's a Text Message from my Niece Casey, saying:  I'm going to Jersey Mike's you want anything?

I text back - Yes, Club Sub with Lettuce Mayo Bacon and Provolone.

Reply:  ok

20 Mins later, I need to go to Petsmart to get some dogfood.  I leave my house, go to petsmart, take my time shopping, make my purchases and return home.

Casey still isn't back yet.  It's now 6pm.  The Jersey Mikes is only 4 miles away.

So, I proceed to make my Dog's Dinner, feed all the outside animals and come back inside just as Casey is arriving with the food 1 1/2 hours after she left!

This is how the rest of us would do this:

1.  Get everyone's orders
2.  Drive to Jersey Mikes and order/pay/pickup the food
3.  Return Home
4.  Total Time:  30 Mins max.

Here's how Casey did it:

1.  Get everyone's orders.
2.  Drive Home does who knows what and while she is there decides to take a Shower!
3.  Goes to Jersey Mikes and does everything there.
4.  They didn't have the chips Sarah likes (God Forbid) so she then
5.  Drives to Wal-Mart to get a bag of chips!
6.  Then returns home.

Is it any wonder that I wasn't hungry when she finally got here?


Life goes on here on Courthouse Road

No comments:

Post a Comment