Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How many pans does it take to cook one Spaghetti Dinner?

For me, only 2.  One for the Spaghetti and one for the sauce.  1 Stirring spoon and 1 Pasta Rake.

For Sarah, well, just keep reading.

1.  2 of my Largest Pots.
2.  My Largest Frying Pan
3.  My Meat Strainer
4.  My Vegetable Colander (Yes, she actually uses this.)
5.  2 Large Stirring Spoons.
6.  1 Pasta Rake
7.  2 Forks (Don't Ask)

Now, for me, I cook the meat, use the LID to drain it and then add the Sauce.  Once done I use the LID to drain the Spaghetti and then add the sauce to it.

Sarah, well, you'll see.

1.  Gets hamburger all over the stove because she doesn't know how to stir gently.
2.  Cooks the meat then BREAKS my Meat Strainer and then pours everything in the Colander which she then doesn't rinse out.
3.  She cooks the Pasta using the STEAM combination pan which is NOT necessary.  Now, she already broke the Meat Strainer and used the Colander, so she finds the SECOND Colander and uses that one too!
4.  Now, she has to add the sauce to the meat.
5.  Now instead of adding the sauce to the pot the Spaghetti was cooked in, what does she do?  That's right, grabs another pan!  Now, you're supposed to add the sauce slowly to avoid splashes, but she just dumps it in there and SPLASHES Sauce all over the stove and wall and just leaves it for me to clean up.
5.  So, 1 hour longer than it takes me to cook the same meal (Because she will NOT stay in the kitchen while she is cooking), she finally gets everything cooked.
6.  So, by this time my sink is completely full and the dishwasher is empty because SHE SAYS I always say she doesn't load it right which is a Valid Statement, but if she WANTED TO LEARN, she could so it's not really a VALID POINT.

Now, I do have to admit, the Spaghetti is good, but the pain she goes through to cook one meal is simply amazing!


Life goes on here on Courthouse Road

No comments:

Post a Comment