Thursday, February 19, 2009

God is STILL in the HEALING Business!

I posted this on my MySpace Blog - People have been asking, so here goes....

My dear friend Miranda got me to thinking. What was the year 2007 to me?

Well, it all started in January 2007 (No pun intended). I hated my job, I couldn't stand going to work. I had blood pressure problems, the stress of work was killing me quickly. So, I cried out to God. And, as always, He provided a way out for me.

My boss had just chewed another Supervisor and I out again for something that was his fault. That was it for me, I had to find a new Job. As I was sitting in the Armored Van, driving a route again because others didn't show up for work, my cell phone rang. It was my Friend from Diebold. He asked me if I was still interested in working for them. I said sure! Then, he told me that I would have to take a paycut from what I was making. I asked him what I needed to do. That evening, I went to his place of employment and met his supervisor. I filled out all the paperwork. Then waited, waited, and waited some more. I finally called to see what was happening. The boss said they hadn't heard anything yet.

On Thursday Feb 8th, I was at work and my chest began to tighten to the point that I couldn't breathe. I went and told my Boss that I was going to the hospital, that I was having severe chest pains. I made it home and told my Niece to call 9-1-1. The ambulance arrived and took me to McGuire Veterans Hospital. The Paramedic, put me on an IV and gave me Nitro pills to calm me down. He said it looked like I was having a Blood Pressure episode. All I knew is I was wigged out!

At the Hospital, they ran numerous tests. I had not had a Heart Attack, but my Pulse, Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar were still way too high for me to go home. They scheduled me for testing the next morning for a Cardiac Stress Test to see if they could figure out what happened.

As I sat in the Wheelchair, the 700 Club TV Show came on. I watched, couldn't do anything else, so I watched. When they got to the prayers for the sick portion, I bowed my head and prayed with them. THEN!!! The guy on TV said, "There's someone watching right now, you're having an issue with your chest. Take in a deep breath because God has just healed you!"

I took in a deep breath, I felt the Spirit enter at the top of my head and whoosh thru my body at lightning speed and out thru the bottom of my feet. I could immediately breathe fully and without pain. When they did the test, they COULD NOT get my pulse over 120, nor my blood pressure over 110/70 or my blood sugar higher than 90. God had indeed healed me as was said!

I was sent home that day. On Sunday, I received the phone call that my position with Diebold had been approved and when could I start. I turned in my 2 weeks notice on Feb 12th and never looked back.

Yes, I had to take a pay cut from almost $14 per hour to $12 per hour. But I got a company car, which slashed my personal expenses and totally made up for the pay cut. But, God wasn't finished yet. A few days later, I got a letter from the VA. Because I had an episode involving my Heart, My disability rating was changed, I was now rated at 50% instead of 40%. That increased my monthly income by over $1000. Wow! God is good!

There were many more good things in 2007. The joy I got by giving special presents to people who never expected them. And the blessings that God bestowed upon me all year.

I know 2008 will be a better year than 2007!

May God richly bless you in the coming year!

Now, it's your turn.....What did God do for you???

No comments:

Post a Comment